No announcement yet.

Cucamelon/ Melothrie/ Mexican Mouse melon/ Sour gherkin

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now that's just showing off!! I have mine in a large pot, against a south-facing wall & it grows but the leaves turn yellow & starts dying, not a kiwi fan anymore :0(

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum mobile app

Comment

Read all about my nightmare Kiwi here http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...highlight=kiwi
      I've hacked it down, dug up the roots and put a concrete GH base over it, but I'm still worried that the beast will burst out and try to strangle me

Comment

OMG VC!
        What have I done wrong then?
        Perhaps it needs a larger pot? Then again, perhaps not! Mines a Jenny too, don't want to get rid of it as my mum gave it too me :0(

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum mobile app

Comment

Not easy to get a pic in the corner of the greenhouse.
          I suspect it would be twice the size if i'd put enough trellis up
          There are two plants there, both in builders buckets

Comment

I attempted mouse melons outside this year, plants were small but I think I had them too cramped in small pots. I've had a few small fruit off the plants but I'd like to try again next year and grow them in the blowaway. Would anyone be kind enough to explain to me how to store the bulbs over winter for next year please.
            Remember it's just a bad day, not a bad life 😁

Comment

Originally posted by Moopmoop View Post
              I attempted mouse melons outside this year, plants were small but I think I had them too cramped in small pots. I've had a few small fruit off the plants but I'd like to try again next year and grow them in the blowaway. Would anyone be kind enough to explain to me how to store the bulbs over winter for next year please.
              The only info I could find on overwintering them is from mr. Fathergills site which says:
              Lift roots in autumn and store in a cool, frost free area

Comment

Mine are in pots in the GH so I'm going to leave them there and hope they survive.

Comment

I decided to check the roots on my cucumelons, and pulled one and no root bulb, just normal type of roots. Wonder why?

Comment

Why did you think there would be a bulb?

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                      Why did you think there would be a bulb?
                      Because moopmoop in earlier post mentioned it:
                      "Would anyone be kind enough to explain to me how to store the bulbs over winter for next year please." So I was looking for bulbs, silly me
                      Last edited by Pineberry; 10-09-2013, 09:48 PM.

Comment

Good job you didn't find any bulbs or we'd all be puzzled (apart from Moopmoop )

Comment

Mine certainly look bulb like, like garlic bulb shape. And no they're not garlic in disguise.
                          Remember it's just a bad day, not a bad life 😁

Comment

Originally posted by Moopmoop View Post
                            Mine certainly look bulb like, like garlic bulb shape. And no they're not garlic in disguise.
                            Could we please have a photographic id of your bulbs? Just to compare with ours non-bulb looking ones.

Comment

I haven't dug up any of mine, so I don't know whats below soil level - very curious now

Comment

Ooo me too. I have three plants with loads of fruits forming but now I want to pull them up and see what's underneath!

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X