No announcement yet.

rabbit manure as compost anyone?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey Trip, thanks for your reply, were your onions in a sunny spot? i tried mine in shade, bad results.

Comment

Originally posted by stubedo View Post
      Dim how often you spread the plagron ?
      when I plant new shrubs/plants, I add some to the hole .... then I topdress during the growing season every 3 weeks .... during the colder months, I don't add any

it's also good to add a handful to potted houseplants from time to time

a 10kg bag goes a long way .... I also use it when I make actively aerated compost tea

Comment

Dim, yea i was thinking of using it to make aerated compost tea too ! thought i`d use regular compost too, maybe using both would be more beneficial?!
        Last edited by stubedo; 29-07-2013, 09:55 AM.

Comment

Dim, yea i was thinking of using it to make aerated compost tea too ! thought i`d use regular compost too, maybe using both would be more beneficial?!
          for aerated compost tea, use the worm humus (worm compost), and go to the nearest wooded area near your home and take a few cupfulls of the topsoil beneath a clump of trees and mix the 2 together .....

.... don't use normal compost bought from a garden centre as that stuff is sterile and dead .... most of the garden centre compost in bags is leylandii clippings and grass clippings that have been composted from green/brown bins

Comment

hey Trip, thanks for your reply, were your onions in a sunny spot? i tried mine in shade, bad results.
            Sorry, Only seeing this now... They get morning sun...
            I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
            sigpic

Comment

when we had rabbits as pets my dad used to soak the poo in water and then use it on his leeks - put me off leeks for years as a child....now I have my own allotment I can see his point! I don't have any pet rabbits now but a neighbour donates his chicken poo by the bucket load

Comment

lol i`m sorry it put you off the leeks!

Comment

Dim , yea that sounds like good idea to get soil from wood area, I know a good place.

I have used 2 types of compost from garden centers, one is useless, i`ve given up on it. but theres one i get from wickes that seems to work well, the compost tea goes frothy anyway ! & my veg is twice as big as my neighbours... but I`ll try the wood soil & worm humous soon !

Stu
                  Last edited by stubedo; 01-08-2013, 01:12 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X