No announcement yet.

Debris netting - what's it like?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wouldn't dream of influencing your choice of colour but just in case you are doing a bit of colour co-ordinating.............

Attached Files
    sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

I have to admit that I toyed with red or yellow! Its nice to be different

Comment

VC the yellow will attract every and anything that flies,also does the color affect the growing conditions,i have the green,as thats what we got free from the scaffold company,it does help with a bit of shade this high heat,
        Last edited by lottie dolly; 12-07-2013, 02:51 PM. Reason: what else but spelling
        sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

I prefer black. I'm not keen on netting and black seems to be the least offensive to me. It doesn't seem to affect growing. The calabrese and caulies are still crap just like previous netting free years.
          Last edited by Shadylane; 12-07-2013, 04:39 PM.

Comment

Mines blue cos I used to have a blue shed
            The love of gardening is a seed once sown never dies ...

Comment

Mine will be in my garden, under trees, and I want it to be bright and cheerful.
              I'd be concerned that birds might fly into black netting - anyway its boring

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
                I wouldn't dream of influencing your choice of colour but just in case you are doing a bit of colour co-ordinating.............

[ATTACH=CONFIG]37889[/ATTACH]
                Wow....Each bed a different colour..............now that would look 'interesting'

'Tie and dye' debri netting would be my choice though!
                Last edited by Snadger; 12-07-2013, 07:08 PM.
                My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
                  Wow....Each bed a different colour..............now that would look 'interesting'

'Tie and dye' debri netting would be my choice though!
                  why not army camaflarge
                  sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Originally posted by lottie dolly View Post
                    why not army camaflarge
                    Something like this Lottie?

Comment

I thought it might hamper growth having put it up, but it doesn't seem to at all. It does hamper weeding a bit, if I was doing it again next year I think I'd look to get some enviromesh for my brassicas something I could drape over which wouldn't be too heavy to stunt their growth.

The debris netting seems to make a good climbing frame for peas the tendrils get a good hold on it, and my neighbour uses it as a wind break, on the end of his plot so I have a number of alternative uses for it next year. Might even cover my strawberries with it.
                      I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

I'm thinking...........rabbit proof enclosures, trampoline draping, suspended from the side of the shed to make an awning for sheltered over wintering, throwing over fruit bushes as birds get tangled in ordinary netting, shading for the GH, draping over peach tree.............should I order 2 rolls,

Comment

Bought a roll off Ebay got black came in a roll about 4ft long and 6inch diameter
                          weighed very little easy to cut with scissors
                          Not sowed the holes up.
                          Works well at keeping things out
                          They do two greens bright green and very very bright green
                          Black is not noticeable from a distance

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                            .should I order 2 rolls,
                            Well I'd suggest you take up scaffolding, I think you'll need a fair bit!!!
                            I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

Thanks green thing. The greens have been puzzling me because the retailers' roll is dark green and doesn't look like the blueygreen that I see on most people's cages. I don't want dark green - I'd like the bright sunny sky colour

Comment

It looks darker coz it's all bunched up on the roll - get a bit of air to it in one layer and it's look much sunnier.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X