No announcement yet.

Serious lack of tomatoes.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apparently, in Australia, where they don't have bumble bees, many, many people are employed with special vibrating tools to stimulate the flowers to get the best fruit set.
    "A life lived in fear is a life half lived."

PS. I just don't have enough time to say hello to everyone as they join so please take this as a delighted to see you here!

Comment

It's not my first year growing tomatoes and I've never had this problem before. My plants are usually well covered in fruit by this point.
      Likac66

Living in her own purple world

Loving gardening, reading, knitting and crochet.

Comment

A couple of outside ones (Sheltering in the green blowaway cloche ) have got fruit set, lots of flowers on the rest.
        Indoor ones: not spotted any yet.

Comment

I don't have any tomatoes yet!! I'm not worried - they'll come when the time is right

Comment

It was an unusually cold, late spring - so the toms are bound to be later than last year

I have a few green marbles............and 1 miracle Blacksea Man tom that is huge, but alas still green

Comment

I have just been saying to SWMBO that it seems that all heat reliant plants are late this year.

Time for the gardeners greatest weapon to be applied. Patience!

Potty
              Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

We've only just started getting flowers! The plants are huge though! about 4ft tall! It's like a jungle in the poly!
                You may say I'm a dreamer... But I'm not the only one...

I'm an official nutter - an official 'cropper' of a nutter! I am sooooo pleased to be a cropper! Hurrah!

Comment

And I was wondering if there is anything wrong with my soil, the tomatoes soon will be taller then me in full flower but not a single fruit. While the aubergine in the poly tunnel still only 4 leaves since it planted in beginning of May. I only hope for prolonged warmth well into the autumn otherwise I doubt I will get much this year.

Comment

Originally posted by ancee View Post
                    We've only just started getting flowers!
                    Well, I'm glad it's not just me!
                    Tour of my back garden mini-orchard.

Comment

Originally posted by chilli_grower View Post
                      sowed most of mine on 24th Feb, all red alerts. They are all loaded with fruit. Most of them turning orange now...
                      Wow that's good, must try tumbler next year. Sowed my sungold, roma, G delight, harz somethingorother, all on 28 Feb in the greenhouse and not a sign of any ripeness yet.
                      Jen

Comment

Strange one this year I am harvesting my Tumbler, they are outside in a hanging basket. Yet my Sungold in the GH are just starting to turn.

Potty
                        Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X