No announcement yet.

Black Tomatoes

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have one black cherry planted outdoors .... it's looking good and is forming it's 2nd truss now

Comment

Originally posted by Thelma Sanders View Post
      Another Black Cherry enthusiast here, they're best picked when still a bit green looking IMO. If you wait any longer til they look ripe - then I think they're a bit squashy and tasteless.

I also like Black Sea Man which is a strong bushy plant (determinate) with lovely big beefsteak toms early on, but they're a bit smaller and more of them later in the season
      Thanks for the Black Cherry tip, I can't wait to grow them next year, all of the glowing reviews on this thread have made me quite excited! Black Sea Man sound nice. I made the mistake of googling black toms and american forums popped up with so many different varieties, it's hard to know what does well over here!

Comment

Hi

I grew black cherry last year outside. They were really tasty and a good cropper even when I didn't water as well as I should. I have 3 plants this year and am growing 2 in the greenhouse and 1 outside.

P

Comment

Black Trifele [or Truffle] and Brads Black Heart. One is a teardrop/egg shaped medium size tomato, and the other is a beefsteak type tomato and heart shaped as the name suggests.
          Neither split, the latter is awesome for making tomato sauces.
          Black Cherry is realy tasty but you need to catch it before it fully ripens otherwise the skins split. I haven't found it that good a cropper compared to other cherry toms.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X