No announcement yet.

Argos large walk in poly green house!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well done. 5'2" you say?!?! You could live in that blowaway!!!

Mine is screwed to the house and weighed down with bricks.

Comment

Lol! I built it upside down! And put the cover on upside down! The hubby came out and laughed and moved it into place! I'm sure it would have amused most people!

I've done my best to weigh it down, will post pics of it in next doors garden it it blows away for everyone's amusement!

On another matter! I'm confused with the taking the side shoots out of tomatoes? Do I just take the side shoots or some of the actually branches from the bottom as well? Amy advice much appreciated??

Blow away is filled with grow bags and pots and all sorts now! Shelves are only good for seed trays really but overall tenporary green house is good!

Thank you all for your comments!

:-)

Comment

Originally posted by Veggiefirsttimer View Post
        On another matter! I'm confused with the taking the side shoots out of tomatoes? Do I just take the side shoots or some of the actually branches from the bottom as well?
        The sideshoots are the shoots that grow where a leaf joins the main stem. Not sure what you mean by branches.

Good video here on removing sideshoots, but remember you don't do this for bush type tomatoes. Tomato Plant Side Shoot Removal - YouTube

Comment

I mean the little shoot that grows in between the branch and the stem!

I will watch the video! Thank you

Comment

I had one of those, worked really well for the pot luck tomatoes I had after it had blown over and scattered the labels It is the only time I've ever actually had a tomato crop though

Comment

You could always consider putting soil or maybe concrete edging on the flaps to hold them down.

That way it would be fairly difficult for the wind to move the walls.
              Quanti canicula ille in fenestra ?

Comment

I've tucked the flaps on the bottom under the grow bags that are over the frame on the inside so the cover doesn't flap around! Fingers crossed :-)

Comment

i had full sized kerb stones holding mine down,two of them,it still managed to launch itself into the air,never to be seen again,so slabs or the like will give you some security...

Comment

Looks like its definitely off for a flight, destination unknown! Lol!

Comment

Originally posted by Veggiefirsttimer View Post
                      Looks like its definitely off for a flight, destination unknown! Lol!
                      Don't forget to pack the ruby slippers, tap 3 times, there's no place like the lotti......

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X