• Show
Clear All

I sloshed a load over my feet and it all went between my toes
    Location ... Nottingham

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Bones View Post

Eeeeuuuuuw!
      When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it.
      If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant.

Comment

This thread has cheered me up.

When we moved house I of course did not get around to taking root cuttings from the comfrey and have been rather annoyed about not having any.

We do have lots of nettles though. I've been out and harvested some and my first brew is now steeping.

Ta
        While wearing your night clothes, plant cucumbers on the 1st May before the sun comes up, and they will not be attacked by bugs.

Comment

Don't say I'm the only one who doesn't mind the smell

I'm careful to only use it late evening when all the neighbours are in doors because Mr Pots says it smells horrible and enough to put anyone of their dinner.
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Being a cyclist, I get more than my fair share of abuse & aggression from drivers (who don't seem to understand that I'm a driver too).

One day a taxi passed me much too close, and the passenger leaned out and threw some particular vile sexual aggression right in my face.

So I followed the cab until it pulled in to the kerb. Then I hosed down the occupants with a squeezy bottle of nettle tea that I'd been transporting home to do the greenhouse with.

I imagine he had to buy a new taxi
            All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Bones View Post
              Pottering in the garden today I thought the brick outhouse window could do with a clean. Cloth in hand, to reach the top I stood on a couple of bricks, but couldn't quite reach the far corner, so I balanced my foot on the edge of my lidded comfrey bucket.

That was great until I got over confident and put too much weight on it - the lid broke - my foot went in the bucket - comfrey/nettle gunk leapt out - trouser leg and shoe soaked to the knee and every other part splashed.

After stripping at the back door I have now showered (twice! the first time with disinfectant), the washing machine is trundling through its longest cycle and the shoe (old deck shoe so used to being wet) has been bleached and rinsed and is now drying in the sun. I suspect it may still be slightly whiffy though.
              Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
              Endless wonder.

Comment

Eat some garlic then you and anyone near you probably wont notice the smell.
                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Gave some chillies and tomatoes the nettle tea treatment this morning. Turned cold again, so they are now back in the living room with us. Nice.

Two Sheds - you are awesome.
                  Le Sarramea https://jgsgardening.blogspot.com/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X