No announcement yet.

Feeling hot, hot, hot!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Growing lemon Drop and Black Hungarian this year - lemon drops have to be used carefully, I found out LOL

Comment

First year growing chillies but at the moment I've got some Anaheim and Cayenne in the old mans greenhouse. Anaheim is between 100-1,000 Scoville units, while the Cayenne is around 30,000 - 50,000 Scoville units. I can't wait
      Last edited by hamesy; 10-05-2013, 06:30 PM.
      An attempt to live a little more self-sufficient

Comment

I love rocoto. Looks like a tomato........but is hotter than Beyonce and grows like a chilli laden triffid.....it's actually up to 500,000 scoville units.

I'm also growing padron. The Spanish tapas chilli eaten small and green. Lightly fried in olive oil and garlic. Bring me a cold beer please.........
        Last edited by Newton; 10-05-2013, 08:14 PM.

Loving my allotment!

Comment

Hot - hubby loves nagas - bit too much for me those, but he is from bangladesh. we grow lots of nagas though. This year i have tried spanish nagas and naglaha naga (nickys nursery). made the big mistake of rubbing my eye after planting the seeds - without washing my hands, wont do it again!!!!

Comment

we grew assorted chillies/peppers for the first time some years ago,about 20/25 plants and when preparing them never had any gloves on,so our hands burnt for three days unless in cool water,we have never made that mistake again,but this years peppers are not growing,no sunshine and as yet no heat,and we are only a few weeks off midsummer,so it now looks as it will be 3 years without a summer as the forecast has just told us of cold wet weather for at least the next 5 days and no promise of any improvement....local joke... "young lad,what do you do on your sunny summer holidays away from school?","dont ask me mister,im only 13"...theres now some truth in that...

Comment

I voted mild i think ,my favorite ive ever grown are jalapenos just as they are a nice size to stuff or i love topping pizzas with some and are not blow your head off hot.

Comment

The almighty ghost pepper, thats about my limit, and thats in very small portions

Comment

Got to be said I love chillies!

Such beautiful delicate flowers but mind numbing fruit I will try and eat every chilli I grow no matter what heat the trouble in my house is my wife can't handle them despite being half Jamaican
                  In the following link you can follow my recent progress on the plot

https://www.youtube.com/user/darcyvuqua?feature=watch

Comment

To me, if it's too hot to eat then there's no point in growing it.
                    Urban Escape Blog

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X