Clear All

A four tier Blow away. A hobbit sized mini green house
    Horticultural Hobbit

http://twitter.com/#!/HorticulturalH
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Horti...085870?sk=info

http://horticulturalhobbit.com/

Comment

Originally posted by nackzucow View Post
      Hi Rustylady, I live in South Yorkshire, we had a glorious Bank holiday and the forecast was due to carry on being lovely but after Tuesday the weather turned naff, and it is now raining, like you said what is done is done. I shall put a clotch over it and also start growing some more indoors, it's a good job I saved some!

What is a 4TB?
      I live in S.Yorks too and I don't plant them out until June. They did rubbish last year. I'm growing loads of varieties this year so hopefully at least some of them should cope with our inevitabaly cold and wet summer.

Comment

My pumpkins always do better if I excavate a bucket sized hole where I'm going to plant them, then fill the hole with well rotted compost or manure, then spread the soil back over the top, so the whole patch is slightly raised. Then when planting, also 'plant' an upside down pop bottle next to it (with the bottom cut off) to get water right down to the roots. However, I won't be planting mine out until early June, it's just too cold for them yet, even with a cloche and/or windbreak netting.

Comment

My Daughters Pumpkins year before last her first time growing
          She has planted some of this years out and got back ups just showing
          Attached Files
          My Wifes Blog

Comment

Goodness Shroomy. They're enormous. I'm definitely going to have a go this year. Is it too late to plant seeds in the greenhouse?

Comment

Originally posted by Daffy View Post
              Goodness Shroomy. They're enormous. I'm definitely going to have a go this year. Is it too late to plant seeds in the greenhouse?
              not at all Was a real bugger carving them the biggest was a modest 30kg but she was very happy
              Last edited by Shroomy; 11-05-2013, 06:19 AM.
              My Wifes Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Shroomy View Post
                not at all Was a real bugger carving them the biggest was a modest 30kg but she was very happy
                What variety was it. Got some cheap Atlantic giant seeds going and the seed leaves are twice the size of a normal squash plant.
                The more help a man has in his garden, the less it belongs to him.
                William M. Davies

Comment

Originally posted by Paulieb View Post
                  What variety was it. Got some cheap Atlantic giant seeds going and the seed leaves are twice the size of a normal squash plant.
                  thats all my daughter used was Atlantic Giants
                  My Wifes Blog

Comment

I found that putting manure (lots of it) in the hole and digging it in around helps. I also find that a plastic bell cloche is really useful for keeping off the cold until it is settled in. These also stop slugs which is good too.

Comment

Jesus wept! Lovely pumpkins.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X