Plant/Veg/Weed identification?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plant/Veg/Weed identification?

OK, so this year I took over half a plot from a huy who had a full plot and decided to give half up.

He had a few abandoned plants in the plot - rotten leeks, a Purple Sprouting Broc that was never going to sprout and a few brussels that had seen better days. I've cleared all of them to the compost heap.

BUT there is a row of something that just looks like dead seed heads, but before I pull them up I wanted to check if anyone knows what they are... ...if its something worth keeping that might spring back to life in summer etc...

They must be 2-3ft tall and very sticky, Lots of them. Don't look like they have much root structure.

Zoomed in on one of the heads - but a bit fuzzy (sorry).
    Attached Files

Whatever it is looks well and truly dead to me. Pull em up and stick on the compost heap.

Comment

Is there any sign of sprouting at the base of the dead stalks? Pull one up and see whats on the end of it - you may find a tuber of some sort.

Comment

Pulled and its all dead. Now keeping the compost fairy company...

Mind you I'd say the same thing about my raspberries BUT I think (hope) they will come through...

Comment

They look like dead marigolds to me- you can see what looks like some of the curly seeds on the ground under the plants.
          My spiffy new lottie blog

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse
          • greenishfing
            Reply to Chitchat thread #24
            by greenishfing
            Today, 09:42 AM
          • Vince G
            Ginger
            by Vince G
            Anyone ever tried growing their own ginger?

I'm having a go and have followed an instructional video on YouTube about it. I picked a lump of root out of the supermarket with "eyes" on it, little buds that then expand and burst to form the long stemmed leaves.

Not...
            Today, 09:28 AM
          • bramble
            Reply to Chitchat thread #24
            by bramble
            Today, 09:25 AM

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X