• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
      What is it?
      A chilli sorry could not resist

this one is an apache I grew from seed I have an apache that I bought as a plug twice the size of this plant but not set fruit yet

I also found a fruit on one of my unknown plants too
      In the following link you can follow my recent progress on the plot

https://www.youtube.com/user/darcyvuqua?feature=watch

Comment

• I have a few "unknowns", its a bit like Russian roulette - is it hot or not??!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
          I have a few "unknowns", its a bit like Russian roulette - is it hot or not??!
          Haha I like how you compare it to Russian roulette

Comment

• here are a few pics I took today....

The 'mexican hot' cayenne variety is fruiting well, whereas my other cayennes are only just flowering...
            Attached Files
            Last edited by chilli_grower; 30-06-2013, 12:57 PM.

Comment

• They look great CG...
              I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
              sigpic

Comment

• They look fab!

What variety is the purple one?

My Purple Gusto isn't doing much yet!
                http://vegblogs.co.uk/overthyme/

Comment

• thanks guys, glad you like them.

The purple one is a fairy light plant, that I actually sowed last March.

I trimmed it back hard last November and it managed to survive the winter in my hallway.

I also overwintered 3 cayennes, but they all died!!!
                  Last edited by chilli_grower; 01-07-2013, 11:17 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by chilli_grower View Post
                    thanks guys, glad you like them.

I trimmed it back hard last November and it managed to survive the winter in my hallway.

I'm still waiting for my fairy light to flower

I used to like you CG not anymore

Only kidding great looking plants I have a few pods but your miles ahead of me

Comment

Oh and what are you feeding them I have just bought calcified seaweed for mine to try and give them a little (big) push

Comment

Brilliant! Another one to add to the list for next year which means one I'm growing this year will have to be axed... one in, one out policy for now in my GH!

Seriously though, they look amazing! Good work!

Comment

• sadly came in this morning to find an infestation of green aphids - so I have lost a few and some others are looking decidedly ropey.

any suggestions n stopping htese blighters ?

Comment

• Originally posted by leonmc0708 View Post
                            sadly came in this morning to find an infestation of green aphids - so I have lost a few and some others are looking decidedly ropey.

Spray them with a jet of water and crush remaining with your fingers if the tip of the plant is no good cut it off it should produce side shoots and will bush out it should recover in a few weeks providing you remove all aphids

Comment

• Sorry for the extremely late reply to both Bren & Darcy.
                              I'd forgotten about this thread and the posts i made with regards to my Scotch Bonnet.

Bren, i will try my chemist again tomorrow as they, and the health shops near me only had the fragranced stuff in.

Darcy, the roots all seemed like a white, or just off white, colour.
                              Nothing abnormal stood out to me after washing the soil away.

The Scotch Bonnet isn't really doing much of anything at the moment.
                              There doesn't seem to be any signs of improvement and the vast amount of the larger leaves have either fallen off or have large areas where they have turned brown.
                              I've not fed it at all and it has been out of my greenhouse and watered mostly using rain water.
                              I've practically ignored it altogether in the hopes it would show some signs of improvement but nothing.

Funilly enough though, i'm having trouble with two of my basil plants.
                              The Scotch bonnet and these two basil plants were purchased from the same garden centre when the were just seedlings and they used the same soils.
                              I have potted the basil up since but only in slightly larger pots so the vast majority of soil is the original soil they came with.
                              The other soil used was John Innes (No.2 i think) and its strange that these two basil plants and the scotch bonnet are unhappy.

The original idea i had was to let the two basils grow out so i could get some seeds for next season.
                              I have 4 in total plus a fourth which i grew from seed at the end of May.
                              The ones from seed are fine and so is the third basil, though could do with a feed now, but the others are pale in places and the stalks seem very woody in colour.
                              I think i will have to experiment with some good plants and grow one in the John Innes and one in the peat free to see what happens.

Its strange as i say because of all my plants, veggies and fruits, there are/were only 3 that had been potted up using a mixture of soils that included the John Innes and those 3 plants seemingly having problems.
                              Last edited by Chomerly; 02-07-2013, 03:21 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by leonmc0708 View Post
                                sadly came in this morning to find an infestation of green aphids - so I have lost a few and some others are looking decidedly ropey.

Must be that time of year again as I spent half an hour trying to squish as many as possible that had taken up residence on two of my chilli plants.

So far they don't seem to have spread to my overwintered chilli plants, just affected the two smaller one's that were sown this year.

I was going to mix up a garlic, washing up liquid and chilli spray but couldn't find a sprayer so I'll pop into the £ shop at lunchtime!

As annoying as they are (and as worrying as it sounds) there was something rather relaxing about the half hour spent in the GH at 5.00am armed only with a large mug of tea and a grim determination to squish the little b*ggers!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X