Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks BUFFs

Comment

It may be too late for you, Redser, as your plants are quite large, but when my tomato seedlings were getting leggy and I needed deeper pots that would still fit on the windowsills, I found disposable pint glasses from Pound World were just what I needed. You get 18 in a pack. Poke some holes in the bottom, drop in the tomato and fill up with compost. It worked a treat.

Comment

Just thought I'd give an update on the patients after 12 days. The stumps have grown the bottom side shoot nicely. Gave them a haircut and ill pot them up to 2 litre pots over the weekend. I think now all the old plant is gone, and with an established rootball under them, these will fly along. Fingers crossed!
        The tops in water are still alive and doing well. But the hair-like roots are still hair-like. So I'm wondering if growing on the side shoot might turn out a quicker way to get a new plant?

Sorry about the photos, can't rotate them
        Attached Files
        Last edited by redser; 03-05-2013, 08:43 PM.

Comment

12 days seems a long time when I do it they start to show real roots within the week.

Strange to say the least, but at the same time you have found a way that works for you and IMO thats what gardenings all about.

Potty
          Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Thanks. Yeah I'm disappointed. Wonder if it could be type of water or something?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X