No announcement yet.

Whats happened to my sweet peppers? :(

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got my peppers in my porch Mark, in a trough with a heated cable like a big propogator, but I take all the covers off during the day so they don't overheat, and put them back on at night because the porch gets really cold. So far they've done well - touch wood - hope I haven't just jinxed them by saying that.... So I'd go with Sarah's suggestion and keep a bit of heat but give them more air.
    sigpicGardening in France rocks!

Comment

Originally posted by MarkHackwell View Post
      The reason I kept them in the propagator is because they are peppers and there not fond of the cold
      They don't get enough light and too much heat, in the prop though. You can see that.
      It makes them tall, weak and floppy: which is no good for a plant. When you finally take them out of the prop, the foliage is going to be too much for the weak stem to support, and the plant will collapse.

Germinate in the prop.

When seedlings appear, take them out of the prop, and into somewhere cooler and lighter. Mine are all on an east facing windowsill (probably about 15c). No artificial heat, just normal room temp. Lots of light.

My gh is still too cold for them (average is only 5c, and the low temp is still zero C. This is a really cold spring). If we'd all known how cold this spring would be, we would have delayed sowing by a few weeks.
      All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X