Bay tree not growing much?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sandspider View Post
    the big bay tree at my parents' house grew a lot faster, ... planted directly into the ground.
    Mine's gone from 6" to 6ft in four years. In the ground
    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by sandspider View Post
      Thanks for the offer! I do get over to Cardiff quite regularly if that's anywhere near you?!

How long did it take your bay to grow to 15' high? I did try taking cuttings from the huge old bay at my parents house but none of them "took" for some reason.
      I'm in Cardiff Give me a shout when you're over next and you can have a branch or two
      Its taken years (maybe 15?)to get to that size - but it is a cutting off another one here that gets cut back ruthlessly every year. They're slow to start but suddenly ........whooossh

Comment

mine is a cutting and it has not grown much, it's also in a pot in the greenhouse. it's a cutting from the same tree from my Aunt i planted the other one in the garden and it grew really quick and was large when we sold the house, got another cutting from my aunt and this one is not doing much so perhaps it needs to go in the ground.
        Rita

Comment

Thanks all. Maybe I'll put it in the ground this year, take a few leaves and see what happens. Just need some sun, please?!
          Veggiechicken, I'm in cardiff now! I'll pm you

Comment

So am I

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X