No announcement yet.

celeriac

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm a big celeriac fan. We grew some decent sized ones last year, but then the conditions were perfect (heavily manure bed, relentless rain).

I just moved on some seedlings last night into slightly larger pots - the seedlings are so tiny and fragile compared with others. Always amazes me that grow into such tough, sturdy things.

We didn't strip our leaves off last year and still had good root size, but hopefully will remember this year...
    I don't roll on Shabbos

Comment

i soaked mine in warm water over night they came up within a fornight.
      Rita

Comment

Originally posted by Rhona View Post
        I'm a big celeriac fan. We grew some decent sized ones last year, but then the conditions were perfect (heavily manure bed, relentless rain).

I just moved on some seedlings last night into slightly larger pots - the seedlings are so tiny and fragile compared with others. Always amazes me that grow into such tough, sturdy things.

We didn't strip our leaves off last year and still had good root size, but hopefully will remember this year...
        Hi Rona
        how big are the seedling when you moved them into another pot, mine only have two leaves on them but they have started to get leggy, any suggestions on what i should do next.
        Rita

Comment

I love celeriac, never grown it before but I've got some seed this year and I'm stung into action by everyone here having started. I'm going to put some into soak tonight and sow them tomorrow.

They sound a right faff. I'm not very hopeful, but I've got a lot of wet ground so they'll be given every chance.

Comment

well i have transplanted 24 into little pots and have them under T5 light so i hope that will stop them growing leggy. they are so small i hope they take to them being moved and that i have not damaged any roots.
            i have put the rest out in the greenhouse. so we will see what happens....
            Rita

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X