Potato Varieties - Here are my choices

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Moopmoop View Post
    Another vote for Charlotte, mine don't fall apart on cooking, maybe cook for a minute or two less.
    Think it might depend on soil type as they were really rubbish here and not a case of cooking for less time as they went from bullet hard and raw to mush in seconds and didn't really taste of anything much. Started off boiling them as normal, tried steaming instead and even cooking them in the oven and rubbish whatever. Thought that it might be an off year the first time I grew them but they were just the same the year after so I avoid them now. There are so many different varieties you have to find what suits you, your diet and your soil

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

I found Charlottes worked really well for us, grown in potato grobags using veggie compost with a little manure in the bottom. Beautiful clear skins, steamed for ten to twelve minutes had them just starting to open up. Any longer and they did go to pieces, but they tasted superb - a very clean taste and not masses of flavour, but a good salad spud.

Comment

I have always had a good crop off Rocket and it was the first potatoes I grew aswell and I changed to Pentland Javelin a few years back but found them to not be quite soo good. Personal preference I think
        Visit my blog at: marksallotment20162017.wordpress.com

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X