Chitted bag of supermarket white potatoes

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tis true.. I still had some in the ground up to a few weeks ago
    I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tripmeup View Post
      Tis true.. I still had some in the ground up to a few weeks ago
      What? from last years planting? Blimy.. Didn't they go soggy in the wet weather? My back garden was underwater for most of this winter.
      Lynne x

Comment

I grew Cultra last year as a trial. A bit bland, normal sized crop, nothing for me to get excited about. Shan't be growing them this year. Good luck.
        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by wizzbang View Post
          What? from last years planting? Blimy.. Didn't they go soggy in the wet weather? My back garden was underwater for most of this winter.
          Lynne x
          They were planted in a relatively dry area, and also here in Ireland, we did not get any heavy snow or hard frosts... So they kept OK...
          Nearly the same as putting them in a clamp ( minus the straw) like I did with my grandfather many years ago for storing over winter
          I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
          sigpic

Comment

Hi guys, a newbie here.
            I don't. now about you, but here in the south we are forecast frosts and snow for the coming week, and I wouldn't be putting my potatoes in the ground just yet. I (or more precisely my husband) has only just managed to dig over the veg patch and I fear the soil may be a bit cold. Looking at the records fordhook the season, the daffs are about a week and a half later than last year which indicates the level of warmth.

Comment

I've a bag of Estima from the supermarket that i'll be planting. They tasted so nice that I've bought a bag to grow along with my seed potatoes.

Last year I rescued a bag of AB Roosters from my Mum's bin (she throws them away if they sprout) and planted them, had a great crop from them.

So I vote yes, plant yours
              My blog - http://carol-allotmentheaven.blogspot.com/

Comment

I didn't plant them. I don't want to grow them in bins I want to grow them in the ground to do my sorry soil a bit of good so I need to wait till the ground is acceptable for them. Either next weekend or the weekend after. Like I said on the other thread I am not going to rush to get the garden in order until I actually move down there and if I have to plant things a bit later than I should then Ho Hum, what will be will be..... bursting into song again here. Que Sera, Sera.
                Lynne x

Comment

That song will be in my head all day now LOL.

Plenty time yet to get them into the ground
                  My blog - http://carol-allotmentheaven.blogspot.com/

Comment

Of topic I know but I just read your blog Carol. Very nice pics and nice blog too.
                    Lynne x

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X