No announcement yet.

Grow bags for 2013

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The garden centre group are selling 5 x 56 ltr bags of JAB MPC for £15 until 28th Feb. Good price if you want a lot.

Comment

had some growbags from BQ last year with sea weed in them did very well but not in at my BQ yet

Comment

A local nursery does 70l compost (3 for £12) which is good value if you're after compost, so I got some of that to mix with last years soil for my spuds in tubs.

But grow bags seem to be so variable regarding size, price, contents, that its almost impossible to work out what the best deal is.

I seem to remember that the £1 B&Q bags from last year were on the large size as grow bags go, so I'll probably hang on a bit more to see if they get any in. Also tempted to get a few types, sizes, to maybe compare a few, and hope they don't change next year.
        The more help a man has in his garden, the less it belongs to him.
        William M. Davies

Comment

Do you have a link for that VC?
          In the following link you can follow my recent progress on the plot

https://www.youtube.com/user/darcyvuqua?feature=watch

Comment

Its at Blooms, St Mellons, darcy. They also have 5 bags of farmyard manure same price. I had it in an email offer.

Comment

Here you are Darcy:

Our Garden Centres - Blooms - The Garden Centre Group
              sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
              --------------------------------------------------------------------
              Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
              -------------------------------------------------------------------
              Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
              -----------------------------------------------------------
              KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Originally posted by Paulieb View Post
                I seem to remember that the £1 B&Q bags from last year were on the large size as grow bags go, so I'll probably hang on a bit more to see if they get any in.
                They were 33lt bags Paulie, I bought 10 last year but think they were old stock allbeit great quality.
                sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”

Comment

Ohhhhh I have to pop to the bay tomorrow might pop in
                  In the following link you can follow my recent progress on the plot

https://www.youtube.com/user/darcyvuqua?feature=watch

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
                    They were 33lt bags Paulie, I bought 10 last year but think they were old stock allbeit great quality.
                    Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                    Verve growbags = £1.98 for 27 litres (from BM's link ^^^^)
                    So ignoring the price, they have reduced the contents by 6 litres
                    I rest my case, m'lud

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                      So ignoring the price, they have reduced the contents by 6 litres
                      I rest my case, m'lud
                      No, last years 33 lt bags were not Verve, they were the old B&Q bags.

Comment

Yep they were good. Thanks for confirming the size. I might try to stick with the 33l ones, though they're £3 a go for Levington ones at B&Q!
                        The more help a man has in his garden, the less it belongs to him.
                        William M. Davies

Comment

Originally posted by Paulieb View Post
                          though they're £3 a go for Levington ones at B&Q!
                          50% Peat Free...........don't know if that is an issue for you. I know it may be to some.

Comment

packaging sizes for peat have been reduced this year. In the past it has been possible to buy 200 ltr or even 300 ltr bales. Of course that peat was dry. With the wet season last year, suchpeat as was able to be harvested was very very wet. Wet = heavy very wet = very heavy, very very - well I'm sure you will be getting the drift. Are they using that rational when making up and packagingcompost or are they reducingthe volume to maximise profit? Hmmmm, do I need too think to hard to get the answer to that?

Comment

No, last years 33 lt bags were not Verve, they were the old B&Q bags.
                              Isn't it the same principle though? They change their brand name and sell you less?
                              The same way that mars bars have got smaller and smaller

Comment

noooh, that's not what happened with mars bars. Your hand got bigger. Tis the penny sweetie syndrome

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X