Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have a cunning plan for 2013..........

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Homing slugs! Eek!
    I didn't know that Ap and being as I am the only one round here growing veggies I think they might be going on a longer journey. I'd like to see em come back then
    When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it.
    If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant.

Comment

Am sowing a bit of this and that,to see what grows,even some courgetts,sowed last week,so look forward to see what comes up,just repete until something rears its head,when i go lottie again i will sow 6 or so french beans,last year i had a couple of plants in the grow barn,did ok,it's all trial and error,have also sown a few brasica seeds in an outdoor frame/box/ with a plastic lid,the compost was fairly warned up,having been all set up for several weeks,the idea is,no moduals needed,plus they should make better plants without root restriction,and easier to look after,

SLUGS CLIMB UP PLANTS
      Last edited by lottie dolly; 24-02-2013, 10:43 AM.
      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

I'm definitely not sowing earlier as, comparing with last year's diary, spring is later this year than last
        Once I do start - I'll be sowing little and often - in the hope that something, at least, will be ready to plant at the right time

I'll also be growing more of the traditional UK stuff, which coped better with the weather!

Comment

I think that last year's failures were down to poor planning, poor planting / sowing, poor watering (too much / too little), poor weeding and probably lots more poor stuff.

Now for this year..........

......................less or more of the same??????

I need to put some effort in I think!
          The cats' valet.

Comment

totally winging it quite badly considering my seedlings are teetering on a knives edge at life!). Have my Joy Larkcom and my John Harrison books. My approach is to have a bash at everything, and see what I'm good at (what survives). It's a cross between wild optimism, panic and ignorance. Also I've pre ordered nema-slug because I've decided it's probably worth the investment considering what I've invested in so far in time and money for seeds etc. Also, it might have a long term effect increasing nemotode populations and decreasing slug populations for more than the growing season?

Hopefully I'll be able to save pea, bean and with rubber bands, squash seeds. One of my chillies or peppers will stay in a pot inside (more maybe as gifts to family if they grow well) and they should be good

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X