No announcement yet.

When is a seed fertile?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just to throw something else into the mix, just because a pepper is green doesn't mean it's not ripe, some types never change from green and that's they're fully ripe colour. Not sure how it helps here but thought I'd mention...........

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

I just knew it........ Someone would come along and blow my whole experiment out of the water. Thanks Alison - most helpful

Comment

Originally posted by Alison View Post
        Just to throw something else into the mix, just because a pepper is green doesn't mean it's not ripe, some types never change from green and that's they're fully ripe colour. Not sure how it helps here but thought I'd mention...........
        This, the first post
        If a green sweet pepper is an under-ripe pepper that will turn red in due course
        implied it wasn't ripe cos it hadn't turned red

so it's clear as mud now innit

Comment

It was an organic vegbox green bell pepper - and I'm just assuming that it would have turned red eventually..........

Comment

You may be a little confused VC but there's no confusion really, you see they're different words, spelt differently........green........red............gees, I'm back to that bladdy advert......
            sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
            --------------------------------------------------------------------
            Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
            -------------------------------------------------------------------
            Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
            -----------------------------------------------------------
            KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
              Peppers or seeds?...................
              Seeds. Managed to curb my seedaholic tendencies though
              My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
              to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                It was an organic vegbox green bell pepper - and I'm just assuming that it would have turned red eventually..........
                If only from embarrassment at being talked about so much...
                Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                Endless wonder.

Comment

This is so frustrating One of the few times when I've asked a serious question - trying to broaden my understanding of seed viability - and you lot come along and confuse me even more.
                  I suppose I deserve it

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                    This is so frustrating One of the few times when I've asked a serious question - trying to broaden my understanding of seed viability - and you lot come along and confuse me even more.
                    I suppose I deserve it
                    Payback time.............
                    sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                    --------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                    -------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                    -----------------------------------------------------------
                    KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

I think the answer is basically that the seeds MIGHT be viable so give it a go. Obviously though even if it is viable it might a) not be from an open pollinated variety and / or b) be true to form anyway, seeing as peppers etc are pretty promiscuous and can (and will) breed with any other passing pepper / chilli so it might even form spicy fruit.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Originally posted by Alison View Post
                        I think the answer is basically that the seeds MIGHT be viable so give it a go. Obviously though even if it is viable it might a) not be from an open pollinated variety and / or b) be true to form anyway, seeing as peppers etc are pretty promiscuous and can (and will) breed with any other passing pepper / chilli so it might even form spicy fruit.
                        Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                        Endless wonder.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X