No announcement yet.

What Does "All Year Round" Mean???

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Then regards these as a practice run - and do the same again in spring. In 6 weeks it will be March - something to look forward to

Comment

Oh cauli! I better check mine tomorrow...
      http://togrowahome.wordpress.com/ making a house a home and a garden home grown.

Comment

Originally posted by kathycam View Post
        Oh cauli! I better check mine tomorrow...
        I was thinking the same!

Then again mine didn't make it to forming curds so I'm not holding out any hope for them. Will try again next year, but nowhere near as many!
        http://vegblogs.co.uk/overthyme/

Comment

Mine had curds, and I'd attemped to cover them, but alas no fleece. I'll check later today. Does anyone know if you chop of the curds, could they grow back/ form other heads or is the plant a gona?
          http://togrowahome.wordpress.com/ making a house a home and a garden home grown.

Comment

I know one grape who would try it...........
            sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
            --------------------------------------------------------------------
            Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
            -------------------------------------------------------------------
            Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
            -----------------------------------------------------------
            KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
              I know one grape who would try it...........
              Oooh, Who's that BM? I might pick up some ideas from them
              Now if they were my caulis, I'd cut off the curds (or as I keep typing cruds), cut a cross in the top of the stalk, and hope that 4 mini-caulis would grow in their place - or at least 4 mini green things. Just an idea

Comment

Cut & come again Caulis.........
                sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”

Comment

It works with cabbages and lettuce, so worth a try with a cauli

Comment

If the curds are dead, I'll give it a try.

Comment

I hope they're not dead, but if you do try it, can you let me know what happens please

Comment

you should at least get some spring greens,if the bugs don't move in for a nibble
                        sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                          I hope they're not dead, but if you do try it, can you let me know what happens please
                          " VeggieChickens Fresh Florets"..................Now there's a gap in the market.......

Comment

I'm not getting drawn into this as you will have me pulling mine out of the compost heap............

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
                              I'm not getting drawn into this as you will have me pulling mine out of the compost heap............
                              You didn't You could have eaten the leaves at least Go on, replant some - you know you want to

Comment

I harvested 3 fist sized caulis, so not too bad. Maybe something will grow back. One had a bit of brown discolouring, but I can cut that off hopefully. They were completely covered in snow and frozen solid!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X