Which? compost

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Potstubsdustbins View Post
    I used Verve MPC last year and was very pleased. It would seem that everyone changes their compost every year for the last few years I used Wickes last year it was b***dy awful, so I changed to Verve.

This year I shall buy one bag only and have a good look before deciding which way to go.

Potty
    same here, switch to Verve as Wickes was awful
    a friend has just bought 3 bags of Verve on my recomendation and says its lovely
    instead of buying a bag to test i have no issues with poking a hole in a bag and having a furtle but normally theres an opened/damaged bag around somewhere to have a test of

Comment

Do others mix their compost then?

I do buy compost but with varying results, a lot of bark these days. I've even considered buying bark and sieving it, chucking the rest in with the chooks. I generally mix a batch up in greenhouse using MP with some home grown, some ash from the fire, a bit of grit and some moisture retention crystals. I buy the biodegradable cat litter for this as its much cheaper than the hanging basket crystals. I can be a bit sporadic at watering.
      I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

I bought a 75ltr B&Q peat free about a year ago and it was the worst I've ever had. It was like someone had chopped up a tree and shaved a sheep, mixed it together and bagged it. Terrible. I really don't want to use peat and have tried time and again all kinds of peat free (Aldi own brand was good last year), but until a reliable and consistent replacement is found I'm stuck.
        Cryin won't help you, prayin won't do you no good!

Comment

I use Clover get it our lottie shop its about £5-00 a bag 75lts/80lts ,yes it contains peat have tried the peat free but found it contains to much bark you sift the bag your left with about 50 lts.So until they come up with something decent i will stay with clover, yes wickes is total rubbish when i complained they said they do a better one for seeds i told them the one i bought was for seeds it said it on the bag no responce .
          come on in take a seat time for tea

Comment

Worse than that when I challenge the manager about it last year she admitted they knew they had problems and they were going to get a different formula in.

But only after they had sold their existing stock, shameful or what.

Colin
            Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

I bought some peat free MP peat free from B&Q, supposedly suitable for seeds, opened it today and its all big lumps of wood. Maybe I'll try complaining as well.
              Wife, mother, reader, writer, digger so much to do so little time to do it! Follow me on Twitter @digdigdigging

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X