No announcement yet.

I can't do this until I do that

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You don't want to talk to my missus, she is for ever asking can you do so and so, around the house. I reply well I'd love to you know I would, but I need to do this before that, but that will have to wait until after the growing season is over!!!
    I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

There's even a name for it Ananke. It's yak shaving.

Seth's Blog: Don't Shave That Yak!

Well the sun's shining now so I'm off to see whether Grumpy needs some help moving those plants to a temporary holding pen so he can empty the 16' x 4' x 18" raised bed and move it so we can move the strawberries there so we can... shave that yak
      The problem with rounded personalities is they don't tesselate.

Comment

AHAHAHA

I love it.
        My blog - http://carol-allotmentheaven.blogspot.com/

Comment

Yak Shaving - Brilliant I needed a new hobby
          I like the punch line - think I'll make it today's Mantra!
          "The minute you start walking down a path toward a yak shaving party, it's worth making a compromise. Doing it well now is much better than doing it perfectly later."
          Thanks Sylvan

Comment

thats the story of my life and I am so glad I am not alone with this affliction.
            I think the best method for me was to write out a list starting with the one thing I wanted to achieve then going down putting each thing I would need to do before doing #1, then starting at the bottom and working my way up until I achieved the thing I wanted to do in the first place. the trick though is to not get sidetracked whilst on my mission. until i got to #1 nothing else must be allowed to interfere.
            Only then was I allowed to start another mission.

“If your knees aren't green by the end of the day, you ought to seriously re-examine your life.”

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Charles Churchill : A dog will look up on you; a cat will look down on you; however, a pig will see you eye to eye and know it has found an equal

Comment

I should take a leaf out of your book weekendwellies, I constantly get side tracked.
              My blog - http://carol-allotmentheaven.blogspot.com/

Comment

But you'll find something to do before you can write a list!!
                Now where is the pen? I need to clear the table to find it? Oh look here's the letter i meant to finish to send to Great Auntie Flo - Better find the diary to see when her birthday is - Saturday -Eek - Must go and buy a card etc etc etc.........

Comment

Story of my life
                  The problem with rounded personalities is they don't tesselate.

Comment

Worst thing for me is having this laptop in the kitchen - so that every time I pass it I just have to check.......! I'm in the middle of washing up the dishes, putting away some veg, cooking a meal., sorting some seeds, and drying the washing on the stove. With luck, I'll finish them all soon

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X