No announcement yet.

Potatoes All Year Round?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have some in sacks in the GH too Farmer. The tops were knocked back by frost but they're shooting again now.
    I just wanted to come up with a simple plan, one spud in one bucket every week, eat one bucketful a week. I know it wouldn't work in reality -but I may have to try!!!

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
      I just wanted to come up with a simple plan, one spud in one bucket every week
      It just won't work like that though, because the growth is going to be strongest in the warm sunshine:you may have 20 buckets in the gh all putting on minimal growth during the cold weeks, then spring forth and go mad when we get a warm week.

It's why when we have a furtle on the lotty and one week only find marbles, the next week we find loads of big edible spuds.

Everything depends on weather conditions ~ if we had optimal conditions every week, it would work, but we don't.
      All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Having reread this thread,I said I was going to plant a tuber a week - I forgot, don't shout
        However, here are some spuds in the GH - they've regrown after the frost knocked them for six. Whether they'll produce tubers or not only time will tell. Sorry its not a very scientific experiment as I can't remember when I planted them or what they are

Please excuse the untidy mess
        Attached Files

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X