anyone sowed their habaneros yet?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oops.. forgot to update this...
    Now have Satan's Kiss and my self saved Anaheim up too...
    I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
    sigpic

Comment

Serranos, cayennes and mystery chilli are now up - still waiting for fatalii, red gambia and scotch bonnet.
      Le Sarramea https://jgsgardening.blogspot.com/

Comment

I sowed several Fatalli's. They took around 2 weeks to germinate. One of them is on its 4th set of leaves already!

But the other 2 that germinated, are still on 1st set of leaves.

Comment

Well, finally, I can post on this thread!

Got my light sorted out on Saturday so yesterday sowed some Cayenne and Gusto Purple seeds in the heated prop under the light!

I struggled for space in the GH last year as I had tomatoes and melons in there with the chilli plants so I'm really trying hard to restrict the number of new plants I produce this year as I overwintered a Facing Heaven, Jalapeno, Bishops Crown & a Red Cherry.

I thought the Red Cherry had died but it's just started putting on a few leaves, the rest look much more lively!
          http://vegblogs.co.uk/overthyme/

Comment

Here are a couple of pics of some habaneros that I just finished re potting.

They are looking quite good.

Although some of the leaves on them are a little bit pale.

Now that I have re potted, I am quite sure that I was over watering them.

I will ease off on the watering and hopefully the leaves will return to normal soon.

Also, I have now had to rig up a 2nd grow lamp!!!!!! As I am running out of room!
            Attached Files

Comment

Hope it isn't too late to sow them? I was planning on doing mine next weekend....

Comment

Originally posted by Rhoda View Post
                Hope it isn't too late to sow them? I was planning on doing mine next weekend....
                Nah there's plenty of time yet - they'll catch up some and then when growing bigger and fruiting, that'll depend on the weather and sunshine. I didn't sow mine until 11th Feb last year and they would have been fine, if only we'd had a summer!
                To see a world in a grain of sand
                And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

Originally posted by smallblueplanet View Post
                  Nah there's plenty of time yet - they'll catch up some and then when growing bigger and fruiting, that'll depend on the weather and sunshine. I didn't sow mine until 11th Feb last year and they would have been fine, if only we'd had a summer!

Fab thanks! I've got plenty to plant...
                  *Aji Lemon
                  *Fairy Lights
                  *Scotch Bonnet
                  *Cayenne
                  *Chocolate Habanero
                  A couple I have forgotten!

Thanks for your help
                  Last edited by Rhoda; 03-02-2013, 10:55 AM. Reason: spelling mistake!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X