Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
    And that potato day was last June.
    Oops! It was still a long way to be called East Mids. Would you go that far for your spuds?
    Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

Originally posted by VirginVegGrower View Post
      Oops! It was still a long way to be called East Mids. Would you go that far for your spuds?
      No but it was more a talk about potatoes...I guess that's where the potato council east mids spud rep lives...

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
        No but it was more a talk about potatoes...I guess that's where the potato council east mids spud rep lives...
        Well then by that token I must live in Ireland or Wales
        Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

Here are some Seedy Sundays some with Potatoes Seedy Sunday | Events

Comment

Several events in Scotland - I'm sure there will be others advertised locally.

Saturday 23rd Feb, 11am - Masonic Hall, Linlithgow.

Saturday 2nd March, 10am - Cathedral Hall, Dunblane.

Sunday 3rd March, 11am - Border Union Showground, Kelso.

Comment

Glasgow Potato Day.
              Anyway good news, its official The Glasgow Potato Day 2013 is on!

Following the success of last years event we are back for more ! Over 36 varieties of seed potatoes to buy as individual tubers or in larger bags supplied by JBA Potatoes of Annan, Dumfries.

Yes we did listen and then pondered what we could do better. So this year we will have information on growing potatoes on allotments, in gardens schools, back courts and even balconies!

Its not just potato we are selling you can buy sundries, plants and even onion sets.

Once you have finished buying we are also refreshments; tea/ coffee and home baking will also be on sale as you ponder how what and where you are going to plant this spring.

New for this year Glasgow Local Food Network Seed swap table and workshops (oohhh sounds interesting)

Come and feed your potato habit for the season! And if you've never grown potatoes before, come and get all you need to start, our advice is even free!

Glasgow Potato Day 2013

When - Sunday Feb 24th 11am-3pm

Where - Pearce Institute 840-860 Govan Road Govan Glasgow, G51 3UU Diagonally opposite Govan Undergrond station.

Comment

Seed swapping as well, mmmh, sounds interesting. Biggest seed swap in Scotland will be in East Kilbride, date to be confirmed, but will be sometime in March. Need to get some seeds organised for the Potato Day in Glasgow.

Comment

There is a potato weekend at the garden centre at Middlestown, near Wakefield next weekend, the 2nd and 3rd of February. They have well over 30 varieties to buy, either in bags or singly. Although I have already bought most of my potatoes already I will go because they cook quite a few varieties for customers to try and I like to grow at least one new variety every year and at least I know in advance that I'll like the taste. Obviously they sell the potatoes all the time but the tasting is between 11am and 3 pm on the Saturday and Sunday.

The address is:
                  Horticentre
                  New Road
                  Overton
                  Wakefield
                  WF4 4RG

Phone: 01924 280306

Comment

Originally posted by maljackson View Post
                    Nottingham Organic Growers! NOGS to you!

Nottingham Organic Gardeners - Potato Day

Mal.
                    What a cockup! I got up late, completely forgot about the potato day, eventually got there late, but did buy loads of spuds.
                    The numbers of people were well down on last year, due to the weather no doubt.
                    the NOG obviously bought more stock than last year, and were left with loads unsold.
                    Still, I can highly recommend these days to anyone.
                    Mal.

Comment

I'll be there at the Saltaire one!
                      Last edited by Noosner; 04-02-2013, 08:00 PM.
                      My Autumn 2016 blog entry, all about Plum Glut Guilt:

http://www.mandysutter.com/plum-crazy/

Comment

Anyone else goingt t'moz ...... Shropshire Organic Gardeners
                        He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X