No announcement yet.

Wilkinsons 2013

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got a tub of chicken pellets at Wilko for £6 - in comparison to Homebase I thought that was a good price
    Endeavour to have lived, so that when you die, even the undertaker will be sorry - Puddinghead Wilson's Diary

Nutter by Nature

Comment

Shame you're not near me where chicky poo is free
      Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

My cousin in Argyll keeps chickens - I'll ask him to save some for me

Seriously though - everyone on the allotment seems to use it so it must be good stuff
        Endeavour to have lived, so that when you die, even the undertaker will be sorry - Puddinghead Wilson's Diary

Nutter by Nature

Comment

It is - high nitrogen so use on compost heap if fresh. Works as a great activator
          Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

Potatoes, shallots and onions in mine today. Also horseradish, ginger, strawberries, etc in packets.

Comment

Originally posted by Paulieb View Post
              Went today. Didn't have any small bags of first earlies so left the spuds, and didn't need any seeds either so managed to avoid them. Did have small bags of 2nds and mains and 2.5kg bags of 1sts.

However did buy a couple of 80l bins to store soil and grow spuds in, a la potstubs! £11 each which was cheapest I could find.
              Great, been looking for a cheap bin to cover my rhubarb, hope it's not too late for that.
              We have a wilkos down here in surrey, the queues are ridiculous though.
              I'll buy some seed try inserts I think.

Comment

They have orchard fruit trees in, plums, cherries, apples and pears!

Comment

Just had a google,and wilko's do have seeds online,3 for 2 and 0.60 per pkt,plus others,postage ?????

plus MM tomatoes,ducks,
                  Last edited by lottie dolly; 30-01-2013, 06:43 PM.
                  sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

How much VVG?
                    The problem with rounded personalities is they don't tesselate.

Comment

I absolutely love Wilkinsons, it really is one of my favourite shops. I do a bit mystery shopping there from time to time which is great as I get to buy some gardening stuff and I get some money back in exchange for trailing around the store for 30 mins each time, quite easily done might I add. I spotted some topepo rosso seeds in there yesterday for 80p, I had bought mine a few weeks back from Mr Fothergills as they were the only seed catalogue that stocked them, they were £1.59 I think. Much love to Wilkinsons for excellent choices and low prices.
                      Remember it's just a bad day, not a bad life 😁

Comment

Originally posted by Sylvan View Post
                        How much VVG?
                        OOH sorry Sylvan only just seen this - am not sure - they are bare root packets like Aldi?Lidl?Morrisons so I should imagine a fiver or under. I will look tomorrow if I get there.

Comment

The fruit trees in my local Wilko were £7 or 2 for £11, I even scraped the bark off and they were green underneath!
                          Remember it's just a bad day, not a bad life 😁

Comment

We walked through Wilkinsons with son no1 yesterday and saw a weed wand, for £20 including the gas cylinder. Son no1 persuaded me to buy the 'flame thrower', and practised on some marshmallows . I'll probably need more gas when we want to try it out on the weeds.
                            I could not live without a garden, it is my place to unwind and recover, to marvel at the power of all growing things, even weeds!
                            Now a little Shrinking Violet.

http://potagerplot.blogspot.com/

Comment

i told OH i had all the seeds i needed,but i have to go right past wilkoes later,i MAY look in ,just to see whats what.....

Comment

My favourite shop at the moment for all sorts of stuff. Got some red shallots and new pots that are now happily chitting. Will have to wait till I get paid or request bday vouchers to a big shopping spree!
                                Gardening forever- housework whenever

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X