No announcement yet.

Over wintering onions

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have much more success with autumn planted onion sets,than spring planted sets, that's why I plant loads. The reds in particular do well for me with very few bolters.

There keeping qualities are not as bad as suggested and will easily see me into the new year when the summer planted onion sets will start to be used.
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
      I have much more success with autumn planted onion sets,than spring planted sets, that's why I plant loads. The reds in particular do well for me with very few bolters.

There keeping qualities are not as bad as suggested and will easily see me into the new year when the summer planted onion sets will start to be used.
      How did the transplants you got from the GC last year go?

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
      ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
      ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

Originally posted by Jay-ell View Post
        How did the transplants you got from the GC last year go?
        Crikey, what a memory you have, I'd forgotten about those.. They didn't come to much but the sets I procured later did fine. Nope, has to be sets for me for autumn planting. Still have another batch to go in to try and give a bit of a succession in harvesting? We shall see.
        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X