X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aberdeenplotter View Post
    I must look for my virtual ear trumpet
    Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
    I must learn to pay more attention........
    Save your Resolutions for the New Year

Comment

What with AP playing with his trumpet and TS's hairy vetch , the mind boggles!
      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

after listening to the script,while not really watching,i agree with 2sheds,the commentary seems it would have been better with benny hill doing the voice over,dressed as fred scuttle,all that was missing was the music..

Comment

I think what she is talking about is common vetch or tares. Sounds like a good idea but don't let it seed
          Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

Comment

you had me scrambling for my doric dictionary with your reference to tares. I have always understood tares to be a variety of peas which used to be grown with the oat crop -presumably because being a legume, it fixed nitrogen out of the air which the oats capitalised on. My doric dictionary confirmed that is correct in our lingo but clearly as in the parable of the wheat and the tares, it is a pest of a weed.

Comment

Grows as a weed here too. Quite pretty with largish cerise pink pea like flowers which are borne singly on the stem but like peas will climb up everything!
              Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X