No announcement yet.

Winter crops going well

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

everything is a washout in my garden except the garlic and onions! Kale and brussles eaten by caterpillars, perpetual spinach and autmun carrots never came up, chard eaten by slugs. Im still hoping that the chinese radishes and mooli will decide to grow, that is if we get any sunshine!

Comment

Must say my Cabbages are hearting nicely, Cauliflowers still not got any curds, Leeks recovering well from their scalping and Onion and Garlic only went in last weekend so still not appeared.
      Other than that my calabrese probably wont come to anything, Fennel is doing well along with the lettuce, spinach and giant mustard.
      My new Blog.

http://jamesandthegiantbeetroot.blogspot.com

Comment

So most of you are happy in general. That's good to hear

Are any of your crops looking like they'll be ready for the Christmas dinner plate? I should have cabbage, potatoes, leeks and carrots that I've grown. Sprouts got destroyed by cabbage whites a while ago and I didn't do parsnips in time.
        My new website for allotment beginners www.theallotmentshed.co.uk

My Facebook page Please take the the time to "LIKE" https://www.facebook.com/theallotmentshed

Follow on Twitter The Allotment Shed @TASallotment

Comment

There will be cabbage, sprouts and leeks to be lifted on the day, cauliflower and broccoli in the freezer and carrots in storage. There will also be stored onions and home grown sage and thyme to make the stuffing.
          Last edited by Andromeda; 09-11-2012, 07:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
            It's so heartening to hear that things are growing well. I must admit, I've not looked properly because it's dark when I go to work and by the time I've got back and got sorted, it's dark again! I will look this weekend - going on what's happening on another thread, I have at least to check the PSB for caterpillars.
            Same as Flo...have to make the most of weekends now!!

Garlic and onions have not appeared above ground yet whilst obviously my seed sown ones are above ground with their thin leaves...
            Still have spinach,spuds' beetroots, turnips, lettuce, carrots' cabbages, kale, spring onions and leeks all doing well...
            Toms and chillis still in greenhouse
            Last edited by Tripmeup; 09-11-2012, 10:26 PM.
            I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
            sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X