Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are your new year's resolutions for 2013?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My resolution is to properly label every seed then seedling that I grow. I don't want to end up with a tray of "mixed greens" that could be caulis, cabbages or sprouts! Or posting on here a mystery squash that I can't link back to anything I thought I had planted!!

Comment

Well, I'm a newbie here.

But next year I am planning on sowing my chilli seeds very early - i.e mid January under my grow lamp.

This year was not great for me growing chillis, mainly due to the consistent rain and lack of sunlight!!!

My theory is that a longer growing season for the chillis might prevent this from happening again..

Although hopefully we will actually have a summer next year....

Comment

My resolution is to give up trying to grow carrots. Or move to a county with sandy soil.....

Note: this resolution will be countermanded by my perennial NYR not to make any NYR's
        Last edited by mothhawk; 08-11-2012, 06:53 PM.
        Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
        Endless wonder.

Comment

I need to be more organised with successional planting - tons of radish and lettuce and then none! I will also have more time this year now that I have 'down-sized' my job, so I will have time in spring and summer to have an hour or so down at the plot EVERY evening if I so wish. I have been moderately successful with parsnips this year - my first year of trying, so I am going to persist and get some decent squash next year and the damn celeriac will NOT defeat me!

Comment

keep a eye on my daughter when in the greenhouse to save embarresment from when arguing with a plot holder, "thats turnips" no its not luv, " the label said turnips, ..........................daughter spent a sneeky unwatched ten mins swapping the labels in all my seedlings round....either that i could wire them up to a small battery to give wandering fingers a lil shock , but seriously next yr, to plant more expensive to buy in shops veg,

Comment

Hoping to spend a lot more time on the plot, weeding more frequently as well!

Hopefully will grow one or two new crops, see what the catalogue a have in then for ideas.

Hopefully teaching me 2 year old daughter all about wildlife and teaching her to grow some food (hopefully successful yields to keep her interested!)

Andrew
              Last edited by frogga; 19-11-2012, 08:57 AM.

Comment

I keep a diary (though usually there is not much written down in July as I'm too busy doing stuff - I'm only here at weekends so it is a bit more challenging) - and every year so far my "lessons learned" has been to sow broccoli, sprouts, kale etc earlier - and every year I don't manage it!! Think it's that I don't want to give precious bed space up to something that won't be ready soon - but it means I don't get them in in time - sometimes I get a bit of a crop, but mostly not, and I hate having the beds empty over winter!

So - if we get a summer next year - that has to be my main resolution - remember the brassicas!!

Comment

I want to have a lot more growing space so am planning to build a raised area at the back of my garden which currently spends a lot of the year water logged. Currently planning to use wine bottle and other glass bottles/jars to make it a mostly recycled wall.

And I plan on trying (again) to grow asparagus. Hopefully this year my cats won't dig it up for me,

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X