• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kleftiwallah View Post
    you must try Madhur Jaffreys recipe for beetroot and onions

Shorvedar chukander
    I'll be trying this, thanks

Recipes - Shorvedar Chukander
    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

beetroot boiled and used instead of tatties at dinnertime,with lamb chops,peas and carrots from the garden,drool...............

Comment

Wash, remove leaves, stab with fork, add drop of water and nuke
        Add to medley of other veggies fried, after adding crispy bacon and pesto.

Comment

I pickle my beetroot and use on salads.

Looking at this thread makes me want to try doing something else.
          An attempt to live a little more self-sufficient

Comment

Spaghetti Rossi ...

Might have to get recipe book down to check! But think its fry onion, add spaghetti the add cooked beetroot mashed and stock and cook until spaghetti done ...

Comment

There's a really nice beetroot and pasta recipe in the Abel and Cole cook book, it makes a bright pink sauce which I did for a breast cancer charity meal once, people thought I'd use food colouring but it was just the beetroot

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

I've been making beetroot, pear and apple salad with my early beetroots. Peel and chop the beetroot into matchsticks and chop the pear and apple too but I leave their skins on, squeeze over some lemon juice and add a little bit of oil, mix together and eat

The only problem is it doesn't keep very well but that just means you can eat it all up quickly!!

Comment

Just fininished creating my first lot of Beetroot, chilli & balsamic vinegar relish. Only did 3 jars but I'be been told many more are needed - great success! Bit of a faff grating the beetroot though, definately need rubber gloves.....looked like the texas chainsaw massacre in my kitchen

Comment

When cooked and cooled a little, rub off the skins, twist out the stem, halve or quarter, season with salt and a fruity vinegar and eat at kitchen counter before anybody else gets any.
                    And I thought I was the only one ..... try warm with a little salt and vinaigrette dressing .. I don't need anything else. My OH thinks I am disturbed, but then he doesn't like beetroot.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X