Is this worth a try?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has the plot been sprayed?

I wouldn't just jump and say it's definitely couch or bind.. Has the area been cropped recently? aliums? Perhaps even shrubs recently removed?

What's over the otherside of the wall? - a pavement? Any growth between the pavement and the wall?

Comment

Originally posted by chris View Post
      I wouldn't just jump and say it's definitely couch or bind..
      Agreed - I have both bindweed and couch and while that fatter root in the top left looks suspicious, the thin roots don't scream couch or bindweed to me. They look fairly innocuous - both bindweed and couch are fairly straight roots - yours look rather wiggly. Hard to tell though without a scale - how thick are they?

http://kailyn.co.uk/wp-content/uploa...4-1024x576.jpg
      ^slightly shrivelled couch, the squares on the fabric are 10cmx10cm. The roots are about 1.5-2mm thick when fresh I'd say.
      Last edited by Kaiya; 01-08-2012, 10:09 AM.
      Proud member of the Nutters Club.
      Life goal: become Barbara Good.

Comment

The other side of the wall is very clear, just pavement.
        As far as I know the ground has been well cultivated in the recent past. No bushes or trees that I can tell.

The roots are very white (almost as if deliberately forced) and they snap very easily when you try to pull them up even after having dug!

I have to go to work soon and this forum would be sooooo much easier to use on my phone if it were available via tapatalk. Can this be done please?

Chris
        Last edited by Cue the Toms; 01-08-2012, 10:24 AM.
        My new website for allotment beginners www.theallotmentshed.co.uk

My Facebook page Please take the the time to "LIKE" https://www.facebook.com/theallotmentshed

Follow on Twitter The Allotment Shed @TASallotment

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X