No announcement yet.

Help Funky Goings On With Cayenne Plants

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

any noticed any dark patches on their chilli? are they normal or anything bad?

Comment

If u mean dark blackish patches on.the stems, it is normal...
      I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
      sigpic

Comment

no i actually mean on the fruits (chilli)

pictures now attached.

also weather states it will be about 5/6c over night for week so just bringing in the plants that have fruit, incase there is a frost that kills them (dont have a greenhouse yet)
        Attached Files
        Last edited by phil_GT; 23-09-2012, 08:14 PM.

Comment

in the worst of summers,we have had a bumper crop from peppers chillis in the g/house,over 230 red ripe cayenne ,baskets full of various sweet pepperes,but the jalepeno are still not ripe,even though all were started on the same day,those already picked are now in the freezer,to put into winter meals,when shop prices are so high,we have gone from warm wet cloudy weather to cold wet cloudy weather,they got none of the "heatwave" trumpeted on the telly,we were getting 12/14 deg while that was going on,we tell when summer comes as the rain gets warmer,i am still amazed that the peppers grew at all...and grateful.....

Comment

@phil_GT That looks fine to me -- green chills are often slightly streaked with black.

More generally, it's been a poor chill year. I've got a crop of green ones (and some black too!) that are just starting to ripen, so I'll probably have a crop. But the habs haven't really done it, the tepin hasn't flowered and the Thais are just producing now, at least a month too late.

Peppers have been even worse than usual. I'll be having some questions on peppers once the season is really over...
            Garden Grower
            Twitter: @JacobMHowe

Comment

put mine now into a empty spare bedroom on a table in front of a south facing window

temp is approx 17c with a blast of heating in early morning for about a hour and half, reckon thats warm enough??

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X