Do slugs eat fleece?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the environ mesh i got is a lot smoother than the debrie,so not supprised,
    on the subject of rollers and nets,my mam and Gran used them,they were all the rage at one time lol,
    ref to another 1 of your threads VC about the yogurt pots and slymes,i cut the bottoms of some flower buckets to put round some young courgetts,seems to have helped protect them from the wind,out of the 3,1 got mutulated with ice boulders,1 got a leaf choped and is recovering,the 3rd was not damaged at all and is growing well,i did put a few sweeties around the outside,i want to see what,if anything can be glued on the outside in a band that the slymes would climb,maybe onion nets lol,
    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Courgettes vs Slugs Round 3

I've planted 3 courgettes into squares of fleece with a hole in the centre for the roots. Ringed each stem with a yoghurt pot lid, centre cut out and weighted down with soil. Pulled up the corners around the plants and pegged them together at the top.
      I've tried 3 like this with a sacrificial control plant in the middle. I'm not going to say watch this space - just in case that's all that's left.
      Attached Files

Comment

Round 3 Results

The good news - Slugs do not eat fleece
        and the bad - when fleece is wet it collapses onto the plant and the slug/snail crawls in. Result of test = the unprotected courgette disappeared almost immediately. The 3 fleeced courgettes lasted longer but are now just stalks.
        In fact, after 3 attempts at growing courgettes this year, the only ones to survive have been planted in pots. Nothing in the ground has lived more than a few days.
        Next year, I shan't even try to plant them in the ground but go straight into pots

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X