No announcement yet.

But.... what about the parsnips...?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmmm..........my two penneth is that you've missed the boat for this year(no pun intended with all the floods we're having) and the area put aside for parsnips would be better utilised with another winter crop.

Sorry an all that............
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

i had to sow mine three times as the cold snaps seemed to keep killing off the tiny seedlings,but now being about 6/8 weeks behind,i dont think that i will get any really good sized ones this year,but with a few hours of sun today,well,gardening is for the eternal optomists,so fingers crossed...

Comment

Am I too late to offer advice?
        I germinated all my parsnip seeds in plastic takeaway tubs and a damp paper towel. They only took about a week and that was very early in the year. They're doing really well at the moment so fingers crossed for Christmas lunch!!!

Comment

I didn't plant parsnips as we are trying to sell the house. But when I read this thread I thought "stuff it" and bought some seed with I soaked for 24 hours and have planted today. If they come to nowt I lose nowt, but if I'm still here I may have baby parsnips for Christmas.

A win-win situation....
          If the river hasn't reached the top of your step, DON'T PANIC!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X