Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
    I grow most things in blocks though - rows are a waste of space IMHO
    You see I find I can get more from rows than blocks for peas but it probably depends on how you support them etc. As ever, on solution is perfect for one person but rubbish for somebody else and obviously vice versa

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

A bit of both, only a few pods and now they've given up ! Guess I'll just have to keep sowing!

Comment

Thanks for the advice, guys ! Happy pea picking to you all.

Comment

Originally posted by Normans Mum View Post
          A bit of both, only a few pods and now they've given up ! Guess I'll just have to keep sowing!
          So how big did the plants get. You said you used loads of manure - that makes me wonder if it might have been contaminated with aminopyralid.

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
            I grow most things in blocks though - rows are a waste of space IMHO.
            Couldn't agree more, I do the same with most things except where they're a pain in the arse to harvest - peas I still do in rows. I always net them since the first year of pea moth :/

Comment

I used to broad cast my peas about a foot wide, but found that when it came to harvesting I couldn't get into the centre propertly and missed some pods causing them to go over too quickly. This year I'll be doing a row either side of some chicken wire to see if that proves more productive for me.
              I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X