Oh dear, the weather

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ItsEssexRob View Post
    Are there any veg that this weather is actually good or ok for?
    My climbing mangetout peas seem to quite like it.. and I have parsnip leaves looking healthy in a raised bed - but can't see what's going on underneath of course .
    sigpicGardening in France rocks!

Comment

Shall I tell you something to make you laugh? Or cry maybe? We've been waiting a YEAR for permission to build a pond in our garden because there's not enough water! Despite the fact our barn was flooded during torrential rain last winter, and we get pools all over the garden when it rains, and we have a well! The world's gone mad. Or maybe 'tis just me.
      sigpicGardening in France rocks!

Comment

they are talking of 119hrs of sunshine for june,but as we saw 14 hrs or there abouts,where did the rest come from,i cant accurately recall the last time we had clear skies,over 2 weeks ago ,if not more,or does only the south coast count,in july you shouldnt need the light on to read a paper around midday,and yesterday was getting dark at around 6-6.30,well.as was said last year..theres always next year..or year after...or year after..it shows why people go abroad for their holidays,just to recall what the sun feels and looks like..i wish everyone some sun on your back.

Comment

I thyink we need to take a stand and fight back. In china I heard about scientists releasing rockets into the atomopshere to alter small aspects of weather. Why can't we do this? Send planes/rockets up to disperse cloud and put an end to this solanum killing nightmare.

Comment

The veg doesn't look too happy but my flowers are loving this weather. Never had such lush foliage on my plants, tons of sweet peas for picking almost each day.

Comment

I have not had to water my potatoes even once, peas have been brilliant, cabbages looking lush and green, lettuces going mad (and not bolting) - glass half full and all that.
              Where there's muck, there's brassicas

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X