In Praise Of Garlic

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It might be wet & miserable but.......

I decided to dig my Elephant Garlic today, even though it's got about 4 weeks growth left, before any dreaded white rot sets in. Have to say I'm well happy, with some of the bulbs 4" across, much better than I thought they'd be. (wish I could say the same about my spuds at the lottie which are all blighted and have to come up on the weekend
    Attached Files
    "We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses."-- Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by T8Ter View Post
      I decided to dig my Elephant Garlic today, even though it's got about 4 weeks growth left, before any dreaded white rot sets in. Have to say I'm well happy, with some of the bulbs 4" across, much better than I thought they'd be. (wish I could say the same about my spuds at the lottie which are all blighted and have to come up on the weekend
      You're not alone T8ter on the taters. Nice haul of garlic though.
      Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

Where does everyone get their garlic from?? I still havnt pulled mine up yet waiting till the end of the month that should be enough time for them!!

Comment

Pulled up some of my Jolimont and left some to grow for another while....Some Solent Wight up and some still in the ground too....Mixed bag both, some big, some small...
          I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles View Post
            Where does everyone get their garlic from?? I still havnt pulled mine up yet waiting till the end of the month that should be enough time for them!!
            I wont be getting any from anywhere as I will be reusing cloves from this year's crop for the next planting in late October....
            I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
            sigpic

Comment

Here's one I used in my dinner last night!

I put four cloves in our meatballs WOOF - will try two next time for some reason I thought they might not be strong!

I also added the Purple Gusto chilli! Mild but yum!

Cant remember what sort this Garlic IS though - it was a variety pack and I got them all muddled when planting!
              Attached Files
              http://meandtwoveg.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles View Post
                I'm the same as Trip, Ive been growing on the biggest cloves for the last 5 years
                "We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses."-- Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X