Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sowing Tomatoes

Hello everyone,
    Am I too late to sow some Tomato seeds? I am new to Fruit and Veg growing so hope to pick a lot of your expert brains.

thanks in advance,
    Peanut
    Nestled somewhere in the Cambridgeshire Fens. Good soil, strong winds and 4 Giant Puffballs!
    Always aim for the best result possible not the best possible result

Forever indebted to Potstubsdustbins

You can still sow your tomatoes even though some people have theirs almost fruiting, traditionally they weren't sowed until March / April.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Hi Peanut, welcome to the vine. If you can find any brains, feel free to pick 'em! I don't think you're too late. Especially if you're growing in a greenhouse. You might have a shorter season if you're growing outdoors but I'd still have a go.

Flum
      Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Yo Peanut. Picking brains on the vine is what we're all here for. You only stop learning when they nail the lid on. As a point of interest however, I think it's a bit much asking for an expert as the definition I heard was that EX is something that has been and SPURT is a drip under pressure
        http://norm-foodforthought.blogspot.com/

If it ain't broke, don't fix it and if you ain't going to eat it, don't kill it

Comment

Hi Peanut and welcome to the Vine!
          I would sow everything you fancy - I did read somewhere that even if you are a little later than usual, the seeds will catch up. It's all exciting anyway - give it a go! Looking forward to seeing how you get on.
          Bernie aka Dexterdog
          Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Thank you to you all for such a friendly welcome and the advice.
            I think I'm gonna like it here!
            Nestled somewhere in the Cambridgeshire Fens. Good soil, strong winds and 4 Giant Puffballs!
            Always aim for the best result possible not the best possible result

Forever indebted to Potstubsdustbins

Comment

Oh you will! Staying away is the problem!
              Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X