Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sugar Snap Peas

Hi all,

Today i bought some sugar snap pea seedlings. I know i will need to grow them against a support of some sort but how tall show i make it, i was thinking of cane wig-wams...

ta,

Alisha

Do you know what variety they are?
    ntg
    Never be afraid to try something new.
    Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
    A large group of professionals built the Titanic
    ==================================================

Comment

Unfortunatley not... it doesn't specify on the label

Comment

Most grow to about 3 - 4 ft. I put 2 5ft canes in at each end and strung some soft garden string between them last year. They clung on fine. Incidentally I also tied bits of cut-up poly bag to them to flap about and deter the birds who love the shoots!
        Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Good tip there Flummery, will bear that in mind, as House Sparrows in abundance round here, and are an adorable nuisance for pecking off Polyanthus/Runner Bean flowers etc....

Comment

flummery... as rooter says, great tip i will be giving it a go,

thank you,

Alisha

Comment

Ive put CDs on long pieces of string around my beans and peas....hopefully that will deter the birds as well.
              Bernie aka Dexterdog
              Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Hey wellie , I'm glad someone else sees the villainy of Sparrows, I actually spent time feeding them a couple of winters ago then realised last summer that poor bean setting has nothing to with warm weather, as everyone thinks, but its the sparrows eating the flowers! They peck the lettuce too....Didn't find CD thing that effective tho... Taken to growing runners at the lottie instead ... no sparrows!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X