tigerella plants

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tigerella plants

I really wanted to grow at least one tigerella plant this year. I bought some seeds some weeks back and put them in the heated propagator on a sunny windowsil. They still havent germinated and I think I may have cooked them due to the heat from the propagator plus the sunny window site

All the garden centres seem to stock the same old boring varieties. Does anyone know of any companies which send plants thro the post and have something a bit more exciting than gardeners delight?

Sorry to hear about your disappointment. I did the same as you - in poly bags in Innes seed compost and all germinated, It may not be too late tyo sow some more. I have plenty spare but not really practical sending them from Plymouth to Yorkshire or you could have had a dozen. Unless anyone is visiting Devon who you know of course. Wish you luck in your search altho I wd be tempted to sow a few more

Comment

is it too late for toms?

Comment

do they tend to crop later or do they catch up?

Comment

Serenity

I have some Tigerella seeds going spare, send me your address and I will pop them in the post to you.

NN
          If there is no football and gardening in heaven - I'm not going.

Comment

They generally catch up. If you sow them early they grow slowly, but if you sow them later, when conditions for growing on are better, they grow quickly. Swings and roundabouts, really. The only way to get really early crops is with artificial heating and lighting, and I want to grow as naturally as possible. Also, I prefer to eat food in season.

Comment

Not sure about the tigerella. I don't in any way profess to know about these things as a bit of a newbe but I planted Tigerella, marmande and gardners delight all at the same time. The other two are growing away really well but the tigerella look desticktly weedy in comparrison.
              Last edited by Nicky; 22-04-2007, 06:56 PM.

Comment

I planted Ailsa Craig and Tigerella on same day. Both germinated equally well but I must admit the AC are much larger although the tigerella are still healthy

Comment

Anyone know of a good website that lists tomato types!
                  Thanks

Comment

Normally I just google the tomato variety and see what different sites say, Daves Garden in the US has lots of seed reviews, but I like to read as many views as possible to get a good overview.
                    To see a world in a grain of sand
                    And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

Hi headfry,

I found a web over tomatoes seed, it has some info and pictures of the tomatoes it self.

Hope it help...

Momol
                      I grow, I pick, I eat ...

Comment

Oh silly me here is the web:
                        http://www.heirloomtomatoes.bizland.com/varieties.htm

The seconde one is about planting toms info :
                        http://www.tomatogardeningtips.com/

Momol
                        I grow, I pick, I eat ...

Comment

Thomson and morgan have an excellent range of plants that they send mail order (bit pricy this way though!)

http://potatoes.thompson-morgan.com/
                          Kermit aka Jade

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad

Comment

Serenity,
                            I have also sown tigerella and they have not yet germinated. Sowed some moneymaker and tumbling toms and they came up about 3 days ago.

Does anyone know how many tumbling toms i would need to plant in an 18" basket? I intend to have these growing along the fences.

Comment

Thanks folks....very kind of you to help

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X