Raised Beds

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mine are 800x600 I think
    Somene got some square ones bigger and someone else got smaller ones..

Comment

I had never seen or heard of them before so i will definately look into some for my raised beds!

x

Comment

Hi Bexy. Maybe, as a short-term solution, you could see if you can find anyone with old bricks to get rid of (try looking in skips) - these don't need any diy skills, they just stack up to make the bed and you stick soil in the hole in the middle! Stick to one or two layers though for safety's sake. The other thing you may be able to use (Freecycle maybe?) is old drawers from a chest of drawers, or even the carcass. Won't last long, but would see you through this season. Or as a last resort, could you just use growbags, even if you have to stack them 2 high or something to get the depth? Then when the pressure's off you can buy your saw and practice banging nails into things!
        sigpicGardening in France rocks!

Comment

See
          http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...ets_43666.html
          Expect the worst in life and you will probably have under estimated!

Comment

Originally posted by Bexy View Post
            In my Garden i can only plant in raised beds due to hard Clay and I have gotten My Raised bed that i have from HomeBase For £19.99 however when i returned for another they had none in and for the last week i have had nothing but controdiction and confusion from staff so i went to B&Q and again none in stock now at this point im gettin desprite as i have things that must go in....

Does anybody know of anywhere that sells desent Rustic Easy to assemble Raised Beds Roughly 1m by Half .... anywhere for £30 Or under ...... ?
            Have you tried using click and reserve on the Homebase site? Look up the item of interest, check stock in local stores and reserve. Then go pick it up. No idea if this is the right system Raised Bed -1.8m x 0.9m from Homebase.co.uk (going by your price of £19.99) but Lincoln Homebase has 8. B&Q offers the same reserve and collect service.
            Proud member of the Nutters Club.
            Life goal: become Barbara Good.

Comment

I am the ultimate anti-DIY lady. DH does everything around the house and I barely know what the different heads on a screw driver do. But I built all the raised beds in our garden and it was dead easy. Used a jigsaw to cut the scaffold planks then just screwed them together using extra long screws. None of the edges are straight, they are 'mostly' the right length and they are only sort of level. But you know what? You would never notice. Other than the cage thing I built to hold netting around one of them which is a definite eyesore that is. Every post is a different height and some of the verticals are decidedly horizontal. DH keeps begging me to let him fix it and I keep saying no. Despite how bizarre it looks I'm strangely fond of it. Give building raised beds a go. pallets are free, all you need is a crowbar to pull them apart and a hammer to bash out the nails. If it doesn't work, chuck it out and buy one. What have you got to lose?
              I do Charity Wild food walks. Check out www.msitu.co.uk

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X