No announcement yet.

Blunder of the month

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, nettles are plants too and deserve the same tender loving care. Good on you!

Comment

LOL yes, we grew a few 'things' last year while we were waiting to decide if it was an edible plant or a 'weed' to us. I do know nettles tho. Just think how well you've probably been desensitising yourself to the nettle sting without even thinking about it!
      Ali

My blog: feral007.com/countrylife/

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Member of the Eastern Branch of the Darn Under Nutter's Club

Comment

I am laughing with you and nto at you I promise

Comment

If you happen to loose it, we have loads here that you can take cuttings from !!!!!!
          I think this might be my greenhouse ( very amateur) and other trivia blog page!!! Do feel free to drop in !

http://bradlo107.wordpress.com/

Comment

So the Nettle is doing well. What about the Strawberries, did any grow?
            Sometimes you just have to scratch that itch and get dirt under your finger nails.

Comment

I am defo laughing with you and not at you, as in my first year, I was very proud of my carefully earthed up spuds, which turned out to be THISTLES!

Comment

Aye, we've all been there haven't we?
                That's a very well nurtured nettle Chocky. Full marks for dedication
                The problem with rounded personalities is they don't tesselate.

Comment

Brilliant and fair play to you for sharing with us
                  Maybe, in time, we will need a Seed swap for this category and yours is a perfect specimen to start with
                  I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
                  sigpic

Comment

I'm glad I amused you lot, my daughter & boyf. kept joking about it today. Doh!

Lottie Dolly I'm happy that I'm not the only one and Rusty Lady, are you sure it's your neighbours landlord??

Bearded Bloke, nettle beer?? I bet that gets blamed for a lot of dodgy stomachs the morning after the night before.

Shadylane it indeedy has been kept, albeit chopped up in a bucket with a little rain water. That's my mix for plant food in 2 weeks

Feral 007 I wish I have been de-sensitised to the sting but unfortunately it hurt like hell every time!

Leon, I would prefer it if you were crying with me as I'm never going to live it down in my household. lol

Dead dogs, I thought I had two strawberry plants but now I only have one, not even flowers on it yet. Fingers crossed there is still time. My raspberry plants have produced about 4 fruits and there are about another 6 to grow & mature. I'm hoping they may surprise me yet this year.

Janeyo, a thistle?? lol. At least yours produced a flower. When did you notice? I hope you noticed alone to prevent the embarrassment.

Tripmeup, I won't bother seed swapping with me. It would be like buying a lucky bag, you never know what's inside!
                    Choccy

My favourite animal is steak...

Life expectancy would grow by leaps and bounds if green vegetables smelled as good as bacon.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X