Weedlessnessness theory on Gardener's World

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weedlessnessness theory on Gardener's World

Everytime I look on Gardener's World, there's not a weed in sight.

I have a theory.

In the Middle Ages the lowest of the low gardeners were 'weeders', women paid pittance to do all the weeding and grubbing/ground work?

Think the BBC has an army of horticultural students they use to get everything looking ship-shape before my beloved (don't tell his wife!) Monty swans in and starts telling us how to plant stuff up?
    Last edited by GardenFaery; 09-06-2012, 07:14 PM.

And I'm sure holes are pre-dug and hands never seem to get too dirty.
    A weed is a plant that has mastered every survival skill except for learning how to grow in rows

Comment

I would think you have hit the nail on the head.

Pity they can't use the same people to control the snails/slugs I would be ashamed to have that sort of damage in my garden.

Colin. Male so not a Monty fan.
      Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Cynics!
        aka
        Suzie

Comment

Originally posted by piskieinboots View Post
          Cynics!
          Me! No never, but then again I used to do some contract work for central TV.

Luvies the lot of them

Colin

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

no realists

Comment

I hate it when they dig up a root veg, say carrots, and they come out clean as a whistle without any sign of damage. Probably bought them at the nearest farm shop!

Comment

Remember my old grandad saying that you could always tell the presenters that didn't do any real gardening as they were the ones who were out of puff after one spade full of soil and then suddenly as if by magic the whole area was dug - hmmmm. wonder who did that.......

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

If it was my plot it would go summfink like "Take 0ne"......nope "Take two".....nope *snoose* "take one hundred and fifty".
                  My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                  to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Do you think there are makeup artists, who apply just the right amount of dirt to their hands and nails, after the manicurists have done their bit?

Comment

i have visions of "luvvies" standing over the weeds telling them off for showing up just before filming,and then weed in hand,going off in a strop...weeds are ssssooooo gross.....

Comment

I was surprised to hear Monty say 'you don't need to water your spuds until they flower' - blimey, who knew!!
                        aka
                        Suzie

Comment

We must all remember that TV gardeners are choosen for their presenting skills not their gardening knowledge. That can be provided by others.

Colin

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by piskieinboots View Post
                            I was surprised to hear Monty say 'you don't need to water your spuds until they flower' - blimey, who knew!!
                            I've never watered my outdoor spuds although do water the polytunnel ones from the start. Did he advise on what to do with the varieties that don't flower?

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

He didn't I'm afraid Alison
                              aka
                              Suzie

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X