Yellow Splodges

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bexy View Post
    No i have not seen any Aphids, and i dont smoke my self but everybody else in the house does .... how can smokeing cause this ? i will remove the leaves and bin them as soon as
    It's something in the tobacco or something that causes it. Touching the plants after smoking will leave the residue on the plants which can lead to mosiac virus. Check no one is doing this, or is flicking finished tab ends into or near your plants (people that do this really irritate me)

Comment

I have Taken all the yellowing leaves off now... is there any other sign that i should be looking out for ? and what happens if it is the Virus ?
      Only after the last tree has been cutdown Only after the last river has been poisoned Only after the last fish has been caught Only then will you find
      That money cannot be eaten
      Cree indian

Comment

I have Taken all the yellowing leaves off now... is there any other sign that i should be looking out for ? and what happens if it is the Virus ?
        Other leaves will start to show signs of the virus and it will spread. Cutting off the infected leaves at the earliest sign will slow down or even halt the spread of it. Just remember to wash hands correctly after handing any infected leaves and destroy them, do not compost.

Keep an eye out for aphid's as well, checking under the leaves and not on top as this is where the buggers like to hide =p. If you see any, mix some washing up liquid with water in a spray bottle and give the leaves and bugs a good spray every day or so. Should sort it's self out then =)

Comment

Does it affect the Potatos them selves ?
          Only after the last tree has been cutdown Only after the last river has been poisoned Only after the last fish has been caught Only then will you find
          Cree indian

Comment

Does it affect the Potatos them selves ?
            Nah, not unless the virus is severely affecting your plant. A few leaves here and there getting affected shouldn't harm any of your 'taters.
            If it was a violent attack, you could end up with something like Spraying, which is where the inside of the potatoes gets discoloured rings and lines in the flesh.

Really though, all in all it should be all fine =).

Comment

Thank you for your help
              Cree indian

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X