No announcement yet.

What veg don't you want to grow?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't really like radish, so not growing them this year. I am trying mooli though, to see what that's like!
    I don't like the texture of runner beans either - they're hairy!! But growing them for the chooks and neighbours.
    https://nodigadventures.blogspot.com/

Comment

Celery, coriander and cabbages. Yuck!

Comment

Celery braised in a bit of wine and chicken stock is delightful! Totally different animal....but butternut squash, yuk. Used to puree it for the kids to make babyfood now I can't associate it with anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by Pa Snips View Post
          On the upside, it doesn't taste of much when cooked, especially in strong flavoured foods like curry, but raw...........

Raw dipped in baked Camembert......mmmmmmmmmm
          Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

Beetroot, el cojones del diablo!! The only veg that neither I nor Mrs Vince don't like.

Mind you she doesn't eat celery, fennel or raw tomatoes either, 3 of the finest flavours on the planet - weird girl - but she's made me grow cucumbers, which surely is the devil's todger.
            Are y'oroight booy?

Comment

Coriander,
              Spelling errors are my area of expertise. Apologies if my jumbled up mind/words cause offence.

Comment

Globe artichokes ...pooh! Chicory...bleurgh. Chard...like wet cardboard.
                Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

Brussels sprouts and choko's.
                  Ali

My blog: feral007.com/countrylife/

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Member of the Eastern Branch of the Darn Under Nutter's Club

Comment

Radish, sprouts and artichoke.

Comment

Chard - looks pretty but that's about all it does for me so don't bother any more.
                      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

I just adore celery and so do my dachshunds

I can't stand French beans so I won't grow them. I am not a big fan of runner beans either but I grow them because they are so prolific and I can get them down.

I just would not bother with turnips, cauliflower or swedes... my least favourite veg to eat.
                        http://strawberryjubes.tumblr.com/

Comment

I dont want to grow artichokes, and I havent wanted to for the past three years but still they appear!

Comment

I've given up on aubergines. I have like 3 packets of them still too. Pff! Argh, that reminds me I still haven't posted the resident aub guru something!

Comment

Originally posted by CaroltheCarrot View Post
                              I dont want to grow artichokes, and I havent wanted to for the past three years but still they appear!
                              Jerusalem artichokes are one of my favourite foods... yummy yummy. You can throw them my way if you like... I have earmarked a space for them next year.
                              http://strawberryjubes.tumblr.com/

Comment

I'm growing some solely to save the tubers for to re-plant next year. If you give me a nudge later on in the year say around oct/nov I should be able to keep some aside for you

Oh, the other thing I'm growing them for is to give to my MIL and tell her to use them like spuds (as in lots, for a nice mash!)
                                Last edited by chris; 30-05-2012, 07:12 AM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X