No announcement yet.

EU to ban sale of seed packs of mixed salad leaves

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have visions of people meeting up like in Trigger Happy where trilby man/woman sits on a park bench and is soon joined by another person who asks: "Are you Mixed Salad?".......
    ....Other person replies: "No, I am wildflower mix, you must have the wrong bench...."
    I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
    sigpic

Comment

It'll be just like the headshops...
      No honest govner, you just burn it like insense. For the smell like.
      Hmmm. Hang on! Is that a trowel sticking out your pocket!?

Comment

It's true - some salad seed mixes have been banned but it appears that others have not...more details to follow in next month's GYO mag :-(

Comment

It must be some bureaucrat in Belgium somewhere trying to make work for himself to hold on to his job.

What a sad looser. Is there any way we can find out who it is so we can bombard him with negative vibes or emails?

Comment

I have heard some daft ideas but this takes the biscuit. Now I have visions of spending a morning at work taking all the seeds of the shelf! Daft beggers!
            WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

I can understand this, but they've made the wrong law. If people are selling just mixes, they could be foisting off large quantities of a less desirable seed, or something like that. But a more sensible protection against such things would be that an average contents percentage of each seed packet should be provided. And to be honest, I've never really heard of people complaining that there was too much of a certain lettuce in their packet of seeds, have you?

Comment

I had a quick look at the document. It's basically them trying to ensure high seed quality, this particular clause was confirmed by FERA back in 2010... one of those issues where people haven't paid much attention until the last minute.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X