No announcement yet.

Complete Potato Newbie!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Three possibly Four at a push but you will need to spend more time looking after them.

Colin
    Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Looking after them how? Sorry for all the questions, thought you just watered / fed them and left them to it! I went for 3 in the end, and will put the remaining 2 in a separate bag.

Another question, obviously it's going to cost a small fortune buying compost to put in these bags, my composter is full from the winter, but needs a little extra heat over summer so isn't ready yet. Presumably I can use this (next year) to fill the bags next time? Also, I've got tonnes of well rotted horse manure, I'm determined the horses will pay for their keep somehow (!) Would I be able to use the very well rotted stuff directly in the bags?
      Last edited by saffron_envy; 19-04-2012, 04:42 PM.

Comment

Someone else will have to advise about the horse poop as I don't use it.

With regards to the compost yes you most certainly will be able to use it next year. Also if your spuds crop well this year with no trouble save the compost over winter, sweeten it with an NPK nuetral fertiliser and use that again next year.

Colin
        Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Brill, just what I wanted to hear Colin

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X