Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oooh they look good veggie, glad they're growing and behving themselves

Comment

Ooooh are there any more that i may be able to acquire please? I was talking about them at work just the other day...no-one believed me. I had to Google it for proof.

Comment

Yes, Real Seeds are selling them at the moment

Vegetable Seeds : Special Onion Seed

Comment

Originally posted by BroadRipple View Post
          i want to too... and all sorts of exciting Babington Leeks etc.
          anyone had any experience of these exciting vegetable items...?
          Originally posted by keepitgreen View Post
          What is Babington / wild leek ? sounds exciting
          Originally posted by soladragon View Post
          Oh my god I have been looking for Babbingtons Leeks for ages! How did you get them!
          The details get confusing but there was an earlier conversation about Wild Leeks and Babbingtons which might be useful (or be even more confusing....) at:
          http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...eed_62696.html

(Which reminds me I don't know quite what happened to mine, they did work, in a pot, I must go and look for them....)

As well as the suppliers suggested in that earlier correspondence, Google comes up with online suppliers such as Pennards (Somerset) who seem to supply various versions (at various times....), see
          Seeds, Eclectic Victorian Vegetable Seed from Pennard Plants

Conclusion? If it's just onions you're after it might be much easier to go to Tescos or to use McDonald's "fake onions"
          Why does McDonalds use "fake" onions? - Yahoo! Answers

Comment

This one's for you baz http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...hem_62958.html

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
              Thanks VC, I recall the conversation, I think we were trying to get Babbington's top of every thread on GYO and were a bit stumped by "Juicy Gossip" thread as none too sure about Babbington Onion Wine.... I did sow the bulbils and they did something quite clever (like substantial grass, from memory) but can't find them now, will have another search tomorrow.

Incidentally if anyone is getting any of these unusual supplies from Pennards (as mentioned above) and is a bit shocked by their standard postage charge of £8.00 (which can be more than the order!) if you send them an email first they'll adjust it to something more appropriate for a packet of seeds!

Comment

Hope you find them baz, mine still look like blades of grass!
                I lurve Pennard seeds btw. The packaging is so quirky I buy them at the RHS show in Cardiff as well as some of their plants. They do special offers at the shows! Bought skirret plants this year.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X